What do you all think are the best movies of all time? And let me just say, this is not about personal likes or favorites, it's about what you think will be in a top 10, top 20, or even top 100 list. I'll post my predictions as to what I think are in the top 10 or so.
1. Citizen Kane - Obvious as it gets so much love from everyone and is praised and said to be the greatest movie of all time. It truly is a great film.
2. The Godfather - another top tier one that I personally like as well. It's a bit long though and many will not be interested in sitting throught he whole film.
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey - Another classic film that I watched a few years back for the first time. It truly deserves the praise it gets.
4. The Shawshank Redemption - Another popular film worth mentioning. I really enjoyed it as well as many others do too.
5. Gone With the Wind - Seems to be another that gets a ton of love, though I have never seen it.
6. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - I loved these movies, but I never saw them being as good as everyone said they were.
7. Schindler's List - Another I haven't seen, but want to. I hear nothing but great things.
8. Casablanca - Yet another film I've yet to see, but I hear it was a hit film with a lot of future directors using ideas from it.
9. Forest Gump - A movie I can watch everytime it's on, and gets a lot of praise.
10. Apocalypse Now - Saw this a while ago and then again in college recently. Really great film that was really unique for the time. The Redux version was good too.
Anyways, feel free to list movies you think are on the top 100 list or whatever. I would like to see some more listed.