Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

can't enter tracking #

1. 98skichick 98skichick

Total Posts: 1,198

I have chosen to send something with my own label, and every time I try to enter the USPS tracking #, it says it's invalid.  I have tried with and without spaces in the number.  Please help.

QuoteReply
  2. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,835

I believe it takes a while for the tracking to be accepted. Try and submit it again in a few hours and see if it works then. 

I will let my team know and see if there's a way to make it faster, but I think it's mainly to do with USPS. 

Has the tracking updated at all?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  3. 98skichick 98skichick

It's been over 5-6 hours and I still get the red "oops...invalid tracking #" box that pops up.  I tried it in Chrome and in Edge.  I can't eneter the tracking number at all.  So it appears to the receiver that I haven't made an effort to send it when in fact I just need to tape my label to the packages. The clock is still ticking on my "enter a tracking #" clock too.

QuoteReply
  4. 98skichick 98skichick

Here's another update...when I enter the tracking number on the USPS website it says "status not available" so maybe their system is not working right now,

QuoteReply
  5. Brem Brem

I think it might need to show an official update to tracking before it can be submitted. I'm not a 100% on that though. The team is looking into better ways to enter tracking so that users can enter them right away once getting them. 

And yeah, I think it's partly to do with USPS. Sometimes when I ship at the post office, it doesn't update for a bit, sometimes staying at "Status not available". I think once it shows its first update, or first bit of movement is when it can be accepted. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  6. 98skichick 98skichick

I am hoping that it will start saying "shipping label has been created" soon.  I don't really want to send anything out until it says that on the USPS site. Maybe the solar ecplise fried their system yesterday. LOL.

QuoteReply
  7. Brem Brem

I know USPS was down for quite a while yesterday, but I thought they had sorted everything out. It should be fine to ship though. As long as you have the tracking, it should be good. I see other games tracking info updating fine at the moment as well. 

When tracking updates, let me know if you can enter it then.  

QuoteReply
  8. 98skichick 98skichick

Still nothing going on here or on USPS.com.  I will send these games out and I guess cross my fingers that it starts tracking once it's scanned and I can enter the numbers in again.  I will just write down all of these trades so that I still get the credits.

QuoteReply
  9. Brem Brem

We can honor the trade even if you can't submit tracking this time. If you want, you can send me the tracking numbers in a PM and if you can't enter them even when tracking updates, I can mark the trades as delivered for you when tracking says so. 

QuoteReply
  10. 98skichick 98skichick

I PM'd each trader their tracking #, but I will send them all to you as well.

QuoteReply
previous 1 2  last