Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

Greasy's Auction House (Updated Rules 09/16/2019)

1. Junior Junior

Total Posts: 28

One Auction at a time This seems fine but you could make a auction thread #2 etc for more at one time.

Auctions can only last 1 week in total Auctions should be set by the auctioner in my opinion. Max 1 month minimum a week.

Must get approval from a mod/admin before starting an auction (Contact Admin, Brem, or email us at help@leaptrade.com with the game(s) you want to list) This seems unnecessary.

Must have a minimum of 10 completed trades to start an auction Seems reasonable I will never reach 10 trades at my pace.

Auctions can only be bid on with Leaptrade credit; users cannot bid with cash, games, or other items Seems reasonable other forums can be used for other things.

Users can submit 1 auction per month each With this thread being so dead last auction was May 2018 and before that May 2017 this seems like a bad move

Users can submit up to 3 auctions each, within a single year Seems like a bad idea

Starting bid must start at the market price of the game, or lower. It cannot start above market price. But can start at a lower price point if you want. Seems reasonable

Users must have the credit available at the time a bid is made, or must have the credit available by the end of the auction. (active trades) Seems reasonable

If a user doesn’t follow through with their winning bid, or doesn’t have the credit available once the auction ends, they will be disqualified from future auctions. They should be able to appeal this later

If a user cancels their auction at any point before the due date, it disqualifies them from starting future auctions, though they can still bid towards future auctions if they have the credit.  They should be able to appeal this later or possibly have a set point like Ebay

Anyone who use secondary accounts to increase the bid for their own auction, will be disqualified from future auctions. Seems reasonable

QuoteReply
  2. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,915

I will have to talk with the team about the length of auctions and some of the other rules. Reason for the rules is because we don't want a ton of auctions happening at once. Auctions are a specialty and due to that don't happen as often anyway. I think a week is enough time, considering the current auction went pretty far in only a weeks time. With the rules more known, users may bid a lot faster as well. Also, we don't want auctions running for too long and going for too high in credit. So a shorter time limit is needed. We may consider 2 weeks, but I have to check with the team first. 

I can look into increasing the number of auctions a user is allowed to do in a year though. One auction per month per user will stay though. We don't want users doing nothing but auctions of course. Plus auctions are not part of our overall system, so it will have to be one at a time. 

I will forward both your suggestions to the team though and see what they have to say. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  3. xxslingbladexx xxslingbladexx

Total Posts: 54

QuoteReply
  4. kube00 kube00

Total Posts: 489

Is there a time when the auction ends today? Or did it end this morning at 12am 

Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge:

QuoteReply
  5. kube00 kube00

In that case 335 on Links Awakening 

QuoteReply
  6. xxslingbladexx xxslingbladexx

I had one for 335 already

QuoteReply
  7. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,915

Quote by kube00

Is there a time when the auction ends today? Or did it end this morning at 12am 

He said 8pm pst. That comes out to 11pm est and 10pm cst. 

Quick update, the rules for future auctions have been updated in the first post of this topic, if you have any rule suggestions for the auctions, please send them my way and we'll take a look. 

The rules are subject to change as things go though, so if more interest happens for auctions, we may increase the amoung of auctions a user can do in a year, the length, etc. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  8. kube00 kube00

QuoteReply
  9. xxslingbladexx xxslingbladexx

QuoteReply
  10. Total Posts: 0

Zelda auction closed

QuoteReply