Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

I can't believe I just gave 3 60 USD games basically for free...

1. Deathy Deathy

Total Posts: 1

So I recently went snooping through the forums because I was wondering "where do the credits go" or "can I take this and use it somewhere else?". Well I guess not because I'm hearing that it's credits only or something like that so I can only use what I got here on here that's final. Based off the videos I've seen about this site I can sell my games and get more than what I get from gamestop. That seems like false advertising now huh?

p.s. If I'm misunderstanding this then please point me to the right direction, if not then I just got screwed over and I cant do anything about it

QuoteReply
  2. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,835

Quote by Deathy

So I recently went snooping through the forums because I was wondering "where do the credits go" or "can I take this and use it somewhere else?". Well I guess not because I'm hearing that it's credits only or something like that so I can only use what I got here on here that's final. Based off the videos I've seen about this site I can sell my games and get more than what I get from gamestop. That seems like false advertising now huh?

p.s. If I'm misunderstanding this then please point me to the right direction, if not then I just got screwed over and I cant do anything about it

We only work in credit at this time, which cannot be taken off site or redeemed for cash. 

Activity has been a bit slow as of late, and in turn, listings aren't as pletiful as they once were. Your credits are safe though, it just might be a bit of a wait for some games to show up. What we recommend doing is putting a request in for every game you want, and keep those requests active. As well, post in the trading forum about what games you're looking for. Some users have found success in doing that. You can find the trading forum here: Trading Forum

In regards to our comparison of gamestop, users here stand to get more in credit for their games, which can then be used to get more games in return. Essentially you should get better, if not, equal value for the games you trade in. I understand it doesn't really match up due to the activity at the moment, but once activity picks up, more games should be available for trade. 

With that being said, we want to do a marketing push soon that should help bring in activity and in turn more listings, but I don't know when that will be. I can assure you though, that we will get this site back to what it once was. It's just taking a bit longer than we had hoped. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  3. garrett186 garrett186

Total Posts: 16

Brem,

that marketing push is overdue. these comments are becoming more frequent and they are legit. LT needs a larger economy of trades.

QuoteReply
  4. kesslerm kesslerm

Total Posts: 18

PLEASE do away with the Friend to Friend trades.  I see twice as many of those going than through the regular queue.  That is taking away how this site should work.  That is like Ticketmaster letting some tickets slip out the back door.  If this is a queing site, then make sure everyone doesn't bump out of the queue.

Also, this is allowing a few users to offer much higher pricing.  That's allowing artificial inflation and a couple users are saying that's how the site is to be used.  Please get the pricing updated and end the talk of inflation.

There is activity on this site, it just needs to be done correctly and a way to see that activity.

QuoteReply
  5. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,835

Quote by garrett186

Brem,

that marketing push is overdue. these comments are becoming more frequent and they are legit. LT needs a larger economy of trades.

I totally understand. I'm hoping for that to happen soon. 

Quote by kesslerm

PLEASE do away with the Friend to Friend trades.  I see twice as many of those going than through the regular queue.  That is taking away how this site should work.  That is like Ticketmaster letting some tickets slip out the back door.  If this is a queing site, then make sure everyone doesn't bump out of the queue.

Also, this is allowing a few users to offer much higher pricing.  That's allowing artificial inflation and a couple users are saying that's how the site is to be used.  Please get the pricing updated and end the talk of inflation.

There is activity on this site, it just needs to be done correctly and a way to see that activity.

F2F trading won't be going anywhere. Some users just prefer to do game for game trades, and taking it away wouldn't be the right thing to do. I understand that users have credit to use, but taking away one option doesn't mean it will help. It'll push other users away, and we don't want that either. 

As for current prices on games. I have asked the team to do a mass update on that. I don't have access to do that myself, but I'll keep on them to get that done as soon as possible. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
previous