Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

Leaptrade Update - August 10, 2017

1. Leaptrade Leaptrade

Total Posts: 922

Hi All!

Exciting news this week.  We are moving Leaptrade to a totally free community site and we have created a new site just for cash trading at reallycheapgames.com.  Starting next week on Leaptrade you’ll still be able to trade with Leaptrade credit, but now if you want to ship the game on your own, we give you that option. Digital trading will also be completely free. 

We took a step back, heard what you guys were saying about cash and credit mixing on the same site and we made the choice to split things up so we could serve this community better.  You can look for that update to Leaptrade coming next week.

We are also really excited to split things up because that’ll let us take Leaptrade Credit to the next level where it won’t just be that we’ll offer more things on Leaptrade for you to buy with the credit, but it’ll be a true upgrade of Leaptrade Credit to something that has even more potential.  That’s still under wraps and we can’t go into more detail, but that’s something that you’ll see happening around the end of the year.

Now that we’ve done the split of the two sites we have some exciting new features with digital and expansion of Leaptrade coming in the next couple months.  Stay tuned! 

-Leaptrade Team

QuoteReply
  2. vfwmonster vfwmonster

Total Posts: 203

Thanks for the update.

QuoteReply
  3. DalFan4 DalFan4

Total Posts: 21

Good stuff definitely excited about the update 

QuoteReply
  4. 98skichick 98skichick

Total Posts: 1,126

Are all the cash listings going to be deleted by next week then?

QuoteReply
  5. toss toss

Total Posts: 276

hey you guys follwed my suggestion!

How about upgrading the servers. This site is so slow, there are times I pull up the site and bail before looking at anything becuase it takes forever to load the front page.

@tradertoss
    QuoteReply
  6. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,784

Quote by toss

hey you guys follwed my suggestion!

How about upgrading the servers. This site is so slow, there are times I pull up the site and bail before looking at anything becuase it takes forever to load the front page.

I believe that has been sorted with the update too. Loading the site now seems to work fine on my end. In the past I too saw some times where the site was a bit slower than expected.

To get the best experience with the update, clearing browser cache might make things run smoother as well. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  7. Donald Stafford Donald Stafford

Total Posts: 906

beta site:

https://beta.reallycheapgames.com/forum

normal sight:

https://www.reallycheapgames.com/forum/stations/view/gaming 

beta leaptrade:

https://beta.leaptrade.com/forum 

leaptrade normal site:

https://www.leaptrade.com/forum 

QuoteReply
  8. Donald Stafford Donald Stafford

Total Posts: 906

how will you make your money??????  this i a dot com and adds are not eanogh.   and geting new members to credits now will be ruff this was a dumb idea all new member will go to the cash and you will have to have two site campins to get new mwmber you just killed the sight once again

QuoteReply
  9. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,784

Quote by Donald Stafford

how will you make your money??????  this i a dot com and adds are not eanogh.   and geting new members to credits now will be ruff this was a dumb idea all new member will go to the cash and you will have to have two site campins to get new mwmber you just killed the sight once again

The big reason users had trouble with the cash trading side on Leaptrade, was because it was confusing to some. Some people thought credit could be used towards cash listings. It also didn't help that a lot of users started to list less and less in credit.

With cash trading on its own site, we expect credit trading to still increase because there's no way for cash to get in the way of it. There will always be people who want to make cash for their games, and that's why RCG is a great alternative for them. We have seen some increase in credit trading already. Some users who stopped trading because of cash, have started to list their games again, and get requests matched. 

Also, we're currently not doing public beta testing at those beta sites at this time. We may do so sometime for future testing though. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  10. frosty713t frosty713t

Total Posts: 97

This sounds awesome. So glad these changes finally got approved, the sites gonna be big!

- Frosty the Snowman
    QuoteReply
previous 1 2 3  last