Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

New York Times top 100 books of 2014

1. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,823

For those wondering what the best books of 2014 are, well the New York Times has a top 100 to share for you all. 

Here are just some of the books on the list: 

All Our Names -  By Dinaw Mengestu

All The Birds, Singing - By Evie Wyld

All The Light We Cannot See - By Anthony Doerr.

American Innovations - By Rivka Galchen.

The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher -  By Hilary Mantel.

The Ballad of A Small Player -  By Lawrence Osborne

Bark: Stories - By Lorrie Moore.

The Blazing World - By Siri Hust­vedt

The Bone Clocks - By David Mitchell

The Book Of Strange New Things - By Michel Faber

The Book of Unknown Americans - By Cristina Henríquez

Boy, Snow, Bird - By Helen Oyeyemi.

A Brief History of Seven Killings - By Marlon James

Can't And Won't - By Lydia Davis

The Cold Song - By Linn Ullmann

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki And His Years Of Pilgrimage - By Haruki Murakami

Dept. Of Speculation - By Jenny Offill

The Dog - By Joseph O’Neill

Euphoria - By Lily King

Everything I Never Told You - By Celeste Ng

F. By Daniel Kehlmann

Read the rest here: NYTimes

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  2. Captain B Captain B

Total Posts: 8

Great list, too bad I'll never get to most of them, haha! 

QuoteReply
  3. Festoon Festoon

Total Posts: 12

I don't think I've read any of those. XD Then again, I'm not much of a contemporary literature type of guy. Give me Dickens, Hugo, Lewis Carroll, Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, (or one of my new favorites, Kafka), and I'm set. (That's not to say that I'm opposed to contemporary stuff, just don't get around to it as often, haha). Do you guys have any favorite books / authors?

QuoteReply
  4. tangxd tangxd

Total Posts: 5

only book on that list that seems intresting to me is magicians land but im mostly a fantasy reader my fav author is brandon sanderson love his indepth magic systems also love le modesitt and robert jordan currently reading saga of the recluce words of radience and the wheel of time i highly recommend all of them

QuoteReply
  5. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,823

I'm not much of a reader, just figured I'd share the list with you all. Though, I do need to start reading more because there's a lot of books I want to get my hands on one of these days. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  6. Festoon Festoon

Total Posts: 12

@tangxd: Nice, I'll have to give those authors a go! Fantasy is always great.

@Brem: Yeah, thanks! It was a cool idea, for sure. Not many gaming boards (that I've been to) allow their particpants to deviate from "gaming" itself, so it's great to see many aspects of entertainment addressed here. And, gotcha. I do like to read, but by the close of a semester (I'm in community college, currently) I find myself exhausted by reading, even if just for pleasure, haha.

Nice! Any specific books that have caught your eye lately? I really want to read one called, The Trial, by Kafka. The movie was fantastic, and I'm sure the book is even more solid (as is usually the case).

QuoteReply
previous