Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

Star Trek III to come out in July 2016 and directed by Justin Lin

1. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,800

For those who don't know, JJ Abrams stepped down to helm Star Trek III to focus on Star Wars. A while back they did have a director, Roberto Orci, but he too stepped down. Now Justin Lin will be taking over. Justin Lin has been responsible for the likes of the Fast and Furious series and some work in television. He will also be working on the next season of True Detective. 

Anyways, do you like this? Do you think Lin can do a Star Trek film? 

Read about it all here: Reuters 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  2. Captain B Captain B

Total Posts: 8

I'm not really sold on Justin Lin directing the next Star Trek film. Actually I'm really kind of scared he's going to ruin the franchise. I know that's dumb to say, but I feel like this is destined to fail. 

QuoteReply
  3. Eddard Stark Eddard Stark

Total Posts: 1

I actually think he's going to do a great job. He may not make a better Star Trek film than Abrams did, but he'll do a fine job I imagine. 

QuoteReply
  4. Childish Gambino Childish Gambino

Total Posts: 1

I'll be watching it. It's Star Trek afterall and I can't pass it up. Even if a different director is taking over, it doesn't mean the screenplay will change too much and it doesn't mean the story will be tailored to match the director too much. I'm sure they have an outline of what is to happen in the third film. 

QuoteReply
  5. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,800

I really think Lin is capable of doing a fine job. I don't think he'll do as good as Abrams, but I think he'll do just enough to get it to work. Plus, who knows, it could be the best Star Trek film yet, only time will tell, but I think it'll be good at least. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
previous