Sign in or create a new Leaptrade account to start trading games in no time!

Xbox 360 wont play discs :(

1. Brem Brem

Total Posts: 2,827

Well my 360 all of a sudden stopped reading discs. Games, DVDs and CDs no longer load on my 360. At the moment I can't afford to get a repair so I need to wait some time before I can. This will be my 6th time I will have to send an Xbox 360 in for repair, first time for the slim. 

Anyways I was wondering, should I just buy a refurbished 360 from Gamestop and keep this 360 as a streaming device? I can keep it in my living room and use it for netflix. The repair would cost me $80, but if I were to just get a refurbished model 360s from gamestop it'll only cost me $130, which is an extra $50, so I feel like it's a much better deal. 

What would you suggest I do? I probably wont be able to play any disc based games for the time being, but I still plan to trade for 360 games. If you guys know of any places that sell cheap Xbox 360s refurbished or new that are safe to buy, please post some sites below. I really appreciate any info. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  2. 98skichick 98skichick

Total Posts: 1,167

Do you have a "DVD LENS CLEANER" disc with the little brushes?  Maybe the lens is just dirty? I'm trying to be optimistic.  Can you open the console up and try dusting it?

QuoteReply
  3. Brem Brem

I do not, but I could try to get a q-tip with rubbing alcohol in there to see if I can clean the lens that way. It worked wonders whenever I had to repair my PS2 in the past. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Moderator | Support e-mail: help@leaptrade.com | Leaptrade Steam Group | Leaptrade Discord
    QuoteReply
  4. PrimeSaiyan PrimeSaiyan

Total Posts: 4

Sorry to hear that. I had to deal with a fair share of such problems with my first 360. So I know your pain. Hopefully you get it fixed soon. 

QuoteReply
  5. Brem Brem

Same here. Had to send my old 360 in for repair five separate times. This will be my first for the Xbox 360s. I might just buy a used one, but I figure $80 isn't a bad price to repair it, so I might go that route, then again I might just give my old one to my parents to use to stream netflix or something and get a used one for playing games, maybe from gamestop, not sure yet though. 

QuoteReply
  6. cdelamo cdelamo

Total Posts: 7

Sometimes it is not just cleaning of the lens that is required, check craigslist in your area there may be people who repair these. Also, purchasing a replacement DVD drive might be cheapr (around $30) but you will need to obtain your "keys" from your current drive and put them on the new drive. Craigslist might be your best shot with this.

Also I would look on eBay or Craigslist for a used console as many sell it for less than $80

QuoteReply
  7. Brem Brem

I'm considering looking at craigslist, but I fear that a used console on cl may have some risks, especially if I end up buying a console that's been banned. I wouldn't want that. 

QuoteReply
previous