PlotThe Two Thrones
continues right after the true
ending of Warrior Within
. After killing the Dahaka and altering Kaileena's fate, he boards a ship to return to Babylon. As Babylon nears in site, the Prince is horrified that the city is burning and being torn apart by war. His ship is attacked and the pair is thrown overboard, and Kaileena is captured upon reaching shore. The Prince must go on one more adventure to thwart the Vizier and his army sand monsters from becoming immortal and destroying all of Babylon.
The gameplay in The Two Thrones was tweaked a bit. It sports a few new features, primarily in combat. If The Prince stealthily sneaks up on an opponent, he can preform a 'speed kill'. A minigame of button pressing that will down the enemy in one blow. If the game is failed, The Prince must battle the enemy.
One of many bosses
Another new feature is the Prince's split personality. Affected by the sands of time, The Prince will transform into The Dark Prince, a black being corrupted by the sands of time. As the Dark Prince, players get a new weapon known as the Daggertail, a chain-like blade. Also, the player continually loses health, which he can replenish by collecting sands from fallen foes, or by stepping into water to revert to the Prince.
A chariot racing minigame was also added. Players must avoid crashing into walls, while fending off enemy chariots and soldiers who jump on to your vehicle.
Ubisoft Montreal stated that they wanted Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones to be a blend of the two previous titles ( Sands of Time
was light in tone while Warrior Within
was much darker in tone).
A censored version was later released in North America that removed decapitation.
On the Pause Screen enter the following code:
Left, Left, Right, Right, X, Y, Y, X, Up, Down : Baby Toy of Death
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, X, Y, X, Y : Chainsaw
After completing the game on Normal: Right, Left, Right, Left, Down, Down, Up, Up, X, Y, X, X, Y, Y :Telephone of Sorrow
Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, X, Y, X and Y : Unlocks Swordfish Weapon
- Supported OS: Windows® 2000/XP (only)
- Processor: 1.0 GHz AMD Athlon or Intel Pentium III (1.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon recommended)
- Memory: 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
- Graphics:32 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
- Sound DirectX 9.0c compliant (Dolby Digital Live required for Dolby Digital audio)
- Hard Drive:1.5 GB
- Peripherals: Windows-compatible gamepad
- *Supported video cards at time of retail release: ATI 7500/8500/9000/X series, NVIDIA GeForce 3/4/FX/6/7 series (GeForce 4 MX not supported); Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, video cards, and operating systems, please visit the FAQ for this game at: http://support.ubi.com.